Friday, September 11, 2009

Food Glorious Food!

I may only be eight months old, but have I mentioned that I LOVE food? Although I still like rice cereal, my palate is already much more sophisticated than that boring old stuff. As of today, my repertiore includes sweet potato, avocado (especially guacamole!), banana, zucchini, yellow squash, pear, apple, oatmeal, blueberries, asparagus, carrot, white potato, egg yolk, mango, green beans, chicken, papaya, yogurt, watermelon, cottage cheese, cantaloupe, whole wheat pasta, beef, and tofu (which my mom thinks is totally gross, but I don't really mind). When I am done eating I rub two or three mouthfuls of food all over my face until Mommy and Daddy get the idea.
I also eat peach puffs all by myself. Since they are made to dissolve quickly in slobber, they get stuck to my chin, arms, knees, cheeks, and fingers, but if they end up on the highchair or floor, my trusty Pearl is there to clean them up. Peach puffs were my favorite, until today that is...

Then as luck would have it, today Mommy and Millie baked and decorated a cake for Beverly's baby shower. Of course, I wanted to help, so I ate the pieces that they trimmed off the edges. It was delicious and crumbly, and I got it everywhere!
Mommy has been coveting this darling train baking pan for like three years, so when she heard Beverly had a boy on the way, she went right out and bought it. Mommy and Millie were so proud of their handiwork. Now, I should care less because trains are so not girly, but even I can already appreciate an adorably decorated cake. Notice that even the train tracks are made of licorice!

No comments: