Monday, September 21, 2009

I Thee Wed...

Usually, Life In The Huddle is a forum for updates about our precious baby girl, Ryann, but today's post is different. It is inspired by my cousin's wedding (from which Ryann and I just returned) and my friend Emily (who just posted a similar tribute to her sweet hubby) and my bad dream last night (in which I was devastatingly told I could no longer be with Brad), and last season's finale of "Grey's Anatomy" (which I just rewatched in anticipation of the season premiere this week).

I love weddings. No matter what size or shape they take, they are a time-honored, sacred tradition of professing and promising to love another forevermore... no matter what. It is about two people who have decided that they simply would not want to go on without the other in their life. And no matter who you are, how old you are, or what kind of relationship you are in, chances are you too get choked up at the notion that in our busy, money- and status-driven society, that kind of devotion still ranks higher in life. And that is why I love weddings... because they remind us never to take for granted those whom we love. Whether we love them because they are family, friends, or that person for whom we searched over so many years, we are reminded to make our love for them known daily.

So this one is for Brad. My life's great love. I would be absolutely and positively lost without you. I love you a bushel and a peck.

As Meredith Grey asked, "Did you say it?" There. Yes, I said it.