Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ryann's First Mani/Pedi

So today I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off doing errands... laundry at Stacie's because our washer/dryer is out of comission, Ryann to the doctor, pickup at the cleaners, dropoff at the pharmacy, meet the plumber at 2:00...

It was about 12:10 when I happened to drive past my local nail salon. The door was propped open invitingly. I could see in as I cruised by in a slow stalker-like manner. There was nary another soul in the place. "Oh dear!" I thought, "I can't let them be customer-free on this dreary Wednesday. I need to do my part as a Lake Highlands resident and be a patron of our local businesses. Plus, I need my toes done for our trip to Santa Fe this weekend." Then reality smacked me back in the face. I had an 8-month old with me. "Well, Stacie did say that they asked about my baby last time she went for a pedi, so I really should take Ryann in to meet them."

Quick as lightning, I pulled into the nearest parking spot (which of course was no problem since no other customers = no other cars). I popped my head in and they all three grinned at me warmly. "Would it be okay if my baby came in with me while I get a pedi?" I cautiously inquired.

Next thing I know, I am in the chair (ahhhh massage), and they are passing Ryann around cooing over her. "Can I hold?" "Ohhh, she long nails! We cut her nails for you?" "Ohhh, she big baby!" "Look! She smiling!"

(Insert contented sigh here.)
Thank heaven for QT Nails.

1 comment:

CPL said...

Love this!!! Call me next time you go! Maybe they will entertain an active one year old, too!! ;)